How is Real Estate affected during the Stay Home, Stay Healthy Mandate?3/29/2020
Per a statement issued by Governor Inslee (see attached and link below) further clarifying real estate and mortgage activities under the Stay Home, Stay Healthy Executive Order:
- Pending sales should be allowed to close using remote/electronic means whenever possible and following social distancing guidelines if remote/electronic closing cannot occur.
- Real estate activities have been approved as essential activities and shall be permitted under the following guidelines:
- In-person meetings with customers are prohibited except when necessary for a customer to view a property or sign necessary documents;
- No Open Houses shall be permitted;
- Property viewings, inspections, appraisals, and final walk-throughs shall be arranged by appointment and limited to no more than two people on site at any one time, exercising social distancing at all times; and
- Except for the limited exceptions authorized above, all new listings shall be facilitated remotely.